Massage and healthy touch is one of the most essential aspects to maintain a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Massage helps enable us to increase our range of motion, flexibility, relaxation, emotional and energetic balance, circulation, and to reduce stress. Om’echaye offers a wide variety of massage methodologies, depending of your needs.
Why Om’echaye is different?
At Om’echaye, we make sure all therapists are not only very well qualified but that they love what they do and do it with passion. Our therapists are all committed to their practice and client health and well-being. All therapists are part of our community and are an essential part of our quality service.
What types of massage do we offer?
- Swedish Massage: One of the most basic methods of massage, Swedish massage allows the body to absorb more oxygen, thereby rejuvenating the body. Swedish massage is also geared towards detoxification by increasing the speed by which the cells of the body eliminate their waste materials. It brings an immense feeling of satisfaction and relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also called connective tissue, deep tissue massage uses many of the same movements and techniques as Swedish massage but the pressure will generally be more intense. It is also a more focused type of massage, as it releases chronic muscle tension or knots.
- Thai Massage: This is one of the oldest massage techniques in existence today. It incorporates the philosophies surrounding the Chinese concept of acupuncture and combines these philosophies with the stretching exercises done by yogis in India. The ultimate aim of Thai massage is for the receiver to attain spiritual enlightenment and harmony. It activates the capacity of the body to heal itself and to promote better health and well-being.
- Acupressure: The purpose of acupressure is to remove blockages allowing energy to flow more freely by pressing certain points. An imbalance in the hot and cold elements of the body, better known as an imbalance between the yin and the yang, can cause the flow of energy in your body to be blocked, leading the body to experience pain. In releasing latent energy, the natural ability of the body to heal itself is revived and the body becomes rejuvenated and healthy.
- Reflexology: Reflexology is a healing practice where pressure is applied to certain areas of the foot and sometimes the hands and ears - to heal the body. These areas are called zones or reflexes; the heart of reflexology is the theory that each zone or reflex corresponds to a particular organ in the body.
- Hot Stone Massage: This massage technique involves the placement of heated stones on focal points of the body. The heat emanated by these warm stones penetrates deep into muscle tissue for a profoundly relaxing effect. The heat loosens up muscles tightened and tensed by stress, therefore eliminating pain.
- Express Back Massage: Feel renewed with our 30-minute back massage. This massage focuses on the back, neck, and shoulders. Our express massage offers fast relief so you can get back to your day.
- Sports Massage: Sports massage is a combination of deep tissue and stretching, and is great for athletes as a pre-workout/warmup and as a post-workout cool down step.
- Vibrational Healing Therapy: This healing technique is a combination of massage, Reiki, and sound meant to unblock energy fields that cause imbalance in our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual being. The massage frees the body from tensions and obstacles to foster a smoother flow of energy through the body.