Om'echaye's mission is to promote positive changes in people's lives, one at a time, through an integrative approach to achieving personal growth and well-being. At Om'echaye we welcome you as you are with open arms and hearts. We believe in community, Om'echaye is a place to be happy - a mecca for those invested in a healthy lifestyle, we bring together all aspects of being human by incorporating the physical, mental, emotional, andd spiritual self to create a true, holistic 360 - degree experience.
Our unique yoga style fuses different styles into a signature sequence that combines fluid movement with alignment based poses, promoting positive changes in the awareness throughout the body. The result of positive changes in the awareness throughout the body. The result of Om'echaye yoga's focus on conscious breath and mindful practice is a blissful heart, centered mind, and physical wellbeing.
Our code of ethics involves:
- Teaching from the heart, practice kindness, nonviolence, and compassion for others.
- Be mindful of how you treat yourself, others and your enviroment.
- Treat all things with care.
- Practice truth in thought, words and action.
- Practice cleanliness, purity and care for your physical being and surroundings. Be humble in your teaching and respect everyone as equals.
On every teacher training you'll find a guide made by our talented team, alongside with Samson Hertz, Javier and Alex expressed their knowledge about what yoga means to them, every aspect that involves and the impact of being a teacher. We asked them what is the most important aspects when practicing Asanas (poses) during the practice of yoga:
"On your personal journey to practicing your Asana, it is important to keep the following principles in mind: Avoid injury, Foundation of the Base, Press and Rebound, Dual Action, Law of Compensation, and Movement vs Action. These tools will help you to build your postures with steadiness, firmness and ease. Similarly, execution of these concepts is what you will be looking for in you student's Asana".
1. Avoid Injury: The most likely areas of the body to be injured are the knees, the lower back, and the neck.
2. Foundation of the Base: The part(s) of the body that are in direct contact with the ground, and how they are placed.
3. Press and Rebound: Occurs when we press through the foundation downward to create a flow of energy upwards.
4. Law of Compensation: Our bodies tend to follow the path of least resistance. We naturally want to stretch the areas of the body that are the most flexible.
5. Dual Action: A pair of counter-actions that work simultaneously in opposite directions to neutralize the law of compensations.
6. Movement vs Action: Movement is visible from the outside, and Action is internal. Movements stop, and actions continue. "
If you want to become a yoga instructor and live your life with the wonderful knowledge and helping others don't miss the upcoming free info sessions:
- August 2nd, 11:15am
- August 14th, 11:15am
Source: Om'echaye Yoga Teacher Training Handbook.
Authors: Javier Wilensky, Alex Cohen
Editor: Samson Hertz
Carrots are often claim to to be the perfect food for health, they are crunchy, tasty and an excellent source of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber, but you don’t have to eat carrots to receive the nutritional benefits, there's an easier way to enjoy all the benefits in just a sip!
Drinking carrot juice is an easy way to add carrots to your diet, here's a few the reasons why you should drink it:
1. Increase the metabolism: Ditch all your sodas and sugary beverages and replace them with carrots, since is filling and low in calories can help you to increase your metabolism by increasing the bile secretion (this is the rate at which your body converts food into energy)
2. Stronger vision: Since always you've been listening that carrots are good for your eyes, and that's 100% true! Carrots contain high value in beta-carotene, which is a type of vitamin A which turns out to be one of the most powerful antioxidants, this particular vitamin protects the surface of the eye and will help you to maintain a strong vision. Will prevent eye disorders such as macular degeneration, cataracts and blindness.
3. Improve skin disorders: If you suffer from rashes or psoriasis adding carrot juice to your daily meals will improve the appearance of your skin because of the vitamin C (which is fundamental in external healing process).
4. Boost your inmune system: We all struggle with flu or colds, sometimes too often and that makes impossible for us to continue with our work or school the normal way, carrot juice will help to strengthen your inmune system and that is the key to fight off infections and sickness as it contains antioxidants and vitamin C.
5. Reduce cancer risk: One of the most important reasons why you should drink carrot juice is to avoid Cancer, cancer develops when abnormal cells form and multiply and since antioxidants will help to stop cell damage this juice may protect you from various types of cancers.
So come to our kitchen and ask for a fresh cold carrot juice, and bottoms up!
To order call: 954.456.6970.
When it comes to a good health one might think it's a matter of good nutrition, although it's one of the ten aspects of it, it's not the only thing you have to take in consideration when being healthy is about.
1. Nutrition: When we eat a simple, whole food, plan-based diet that consist in a wide variety of fruit, vegetables and unrefined grains plus nuts and seed we are guaranteeing that the fuel of our body will be pure.
Now, many might considere meats as something not necessary even unhealthy when it comes to perfect health, but to eliminate meats from you diet you'll have to take in consideration the advise from a professional to find an excellent source of protein, the only thing we all seem to agree it's to avoid processed foods, excessive salt (specially if you suffer from high blood pressure), refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors and preservatives. The main things that irritates the stomach is alcohol, coffee and hot spices, even though for many of us it it's impossible to live without at least one cup of coffee in the morning, creating a limit for the amount of it will lead you into the right path. Fasting it's also considered as a perfect tool once you have a good nutrition, another thing that we always have to be conscious, to enjoy our mealtime, eat and chew slowly for optimum digestion.
2. Exercise: The ideal plan is to combine aerobic and flexibility workout if you are starting a routine, walking outside for two miles a day alongside with some stretching will be a perfect daily routine for beginners, vary your workout to use all of your muscles and let your body rest one day a week from training.
3. Water: Drinking a minimum of six, eight ounces of water daily, enough to ensure the urine will be pale. Drink two glasses of water on rising, three glasses during the morning, and three glasses during the afternoon, bathing or showering daily helps to eliminate toxins and improve circulation. Good circulation is essential for optimum health.
4. Sunlight: Sunlight helps to destroy disease-causing germs, so opening the curtains and windows will let the sunshine into your home. Spend a minimum of ten to twenty minutes in the sunshine each day, sunlight improves circulation, stimulates the metabolism and promotes healing and improves mental health.
5. Temperance: Be always mindful of when, what and how much you eat, eliminate all substances such as caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and drugs because it damage cells and compromise your health, also don't overwork, learn to relax and spend time with family and friends
6. Air: Improve you lung function by learning to breathe deeply, that way you'll allow the blood to oxygenates and it will eliminate toxins and soothes the nerves and help to relieve stress, it is also known that breathing exercises can be very helpful when you''re feeling anxious or about to have a panic attack.
7. Rest: Try to go to bed at a regular time and plan on seven to eight hours sleep in a 24-hours period, one recommendation is that bedtime shouldn't be later than 10PM, take one day of the week to rest and do something you like. Walking for half and hour after supper may help you sleep better as well.
8. Trust in divine power: Not necessarily about a God, or religion but connecting or developing spirituality it's also a helpful way to let go of the things you can't change and accept the new things in your life.
9. Gratitude: Count your blessing, be grateful for the things you have and express them, thank your family and friends for being part of your life or for the things they do, be specific. Look for opportunities throughout the day to be thankful.
10. Service: Take time to listen to others, volunteer to any purpose that can make a positive change into someone's life, reach out to you neighbors or people within your community and do something to encourage or surprise them.
Be aware that your health depends on you, sometimes illness takes part of our life but when we are free of disease keeping a balanced health state depends on us and our choices everyday, keep in mind that you are alive and that's a gift from life.
Live well and happy,
Source: Fighting Disease With Food
Daily habits are part of our routine, it helps to create harmony and prioritize regular and extraordinary tasks, but the truth is we all may have one or two annoying or unhealthy habits we wish to eliminate from our life.
If you've been trying to get rid of an old annoying habit and yet you haven't been completely successful you may be wondering when is it going to work out for you, according to the book Psycho-Cybernatics kicking out an old habit might take 21 days to dissolve an old image and get a new one,
But the same study indicates that an actual number of days ranged from 18 to 254, indicating this way that it can take a very short or long period of time.
So breaking a habit is never easy, but if you're willing to change it an easier way to achieve this is replacing the old bad habit with a more positive one, if for example you want to stop craving sweets after lunch everyday it might be helpful to drink one or two glasses of water and then ask yourself if the craving is still in there, many times stopping for a minute and doing introspection is the first thing we have to do to forget an old habit,
It might be helpful to find a friend or family member to join you in breaking a bad habit you share, pair up. Like they say, in the union is the strength!
Do not stop yourself, don't demotivate if your habit does not disappear after 21 days, there's no guaranteed time to complete the change, and having an expected time and expectation in general on yourself it's not helpful when you're trying to do your best, because it's easier this way to fail if your expectations are not completed on the time you think it's right, habits are difficult to change and the very first step it's to accept that, to change this reality might take time and a lot of effort.
If you try to focus on other activities you'll keep you brain on autopilot, busy on other things so the impulse of falling back into the habit won't be present.
Meditate, relax your body, the base of almost all compulsives habits are stress or anxiety (or both) or simply boredom, avoiding this by staying active and busy it's a great way to deal with it.
Be prepare, kicking old habits out might cause body discomfort, but at the end it's for a better health state, so keep on going and don't stop until you make it!
The European Journal of Social Psychology
Fasting has become a new eating trend, in the past we only knew fasting was practiced prior surgery or any other procedures that require general anesthesia to avoid the risk of pulmonary aspiration of gastric contents after the induction of the anesthesia, in addition to this some medical test such as cholesterol test or blood glucose measurements will require fasting for several hours.
But besides being required for medical test and procedures it has many other benefits, in one review fasting can improved alertness, mood and subjective feeling of well-being and potentially improving symptoms of depression.
For weight loss if fasting for periods shorter than 24 hours (intermittent fasting) can be very effective in obese people to lose weight and in healthy adults to maintain a lean body mass.
We go to our holistic specialists Diego Rutenberg, expert in the matter of diets to know his professional opinion on fasting, on first hand an adult has to have good nutrition to begin a fasting process, when a person is eating but not good healthy food a nutritional deficiency it's presented, so it's not recommendable to start a fasting diet until all nutritional values are good and stable.
Once a good nutrition is achieve skipping breakfast or fast can help, our bodies are designed to do fasting, and what happens is that we take the energy from the reserves of our bodies.
On the other hand our second Holistic Specialist Beverly C. Fortner recommends a 13 hours fasting, it it's the perfect amount of time so the way it should work is to skip breakfast and have lunch and dinner, that will induce the body to a ketosis process in which will help cells die, and while this is heard as something negative it is actually a cleaning process in a cellular level.
So while under the advice of an expert in the field, fasting is here to stay and help us live a healthier life.
For more information regarding appointments to review diets call 954.456.6945
"Fasting" Encyclopedia Britannica.
"Fast" New International Encyclopedia